Monday, 17 November 2014

READING BOOKS AND BOOK BAGS.

Please can you ensure that your child has their reading book and reading diary in school every day. We use the reading books and diaries for our daily guided reading sessions.
Also books and diaries need to be in when the books are changed. As you can appreciate it is a mammoth task to change 30 reading books and record them in your child's diary and school reading records. Most of this is done after school or during lunchtimes as teachers are teaching throughout the day. I allocate time for this on a Friday or Monday depending on how busy our week has been. I am always very grateful to parents who make an effort to accommodate this request as it makes it so much easier to ensure continuity. I understand that everyone is very busy and sometimes books are forgotten. If parents can make a note that they have listened to their child read that is also appreciated. If there are no comments in the diaries I assume that the child has not read the book and it is not usually changed as the child is not necessarily present when their books are changed.

Home learning.
I am still waiting for some children to complete the half term home learning task. Please can you try and encourage your child to do the work. I have spoken to them about this in school.
I will be allocating handwriting home learning this week.
Many thanks,
Mrs James.