We have a big problem in Y Graig class with children not bringing in their reading bags, reading books and diaries to school daily. On Friday only 17 children out of 30 children had a reading bag in school. This is a huge cause for concern. I have frequently reminded the children and posted reminders on the blog. Listening to 30 children read/practice sounds and high frequency words weekly is a mammoth task and made more difficult if there are no bags, diaries or books to use/change.
Please can you make a conscious effort to bring the books, diaries and bags to school daily. I change the books throughout the week. Please make an entry in the diary every time you have listened to your child read. If there are no entries made in your child's diary I will assume that your child has not read to you and therefore will leave the book in their bag.
Thank you,
Mrs James.