Sunday, 4 September 2016

Croeso Nol

A very warm welcome to Class 3 / Y Graig. I hope you've all had a great Summer holiday and are feeling refreshed and ready for the year ahead.

It's my first year at Penygawsi Primary and I'm really excited and looking forward to working with your children and yourselves this year.

The blog will be my main form of keeping you up to date about our class, providing you with information about what we are and have been learning and how you can help to support your child's learning at home.

Every Sunday, I will update the class blog with information about what we will be learning, our story of the week, planned focus and enhanced tasks and also our home learning tasks. I will also send a Schoop as soon as I have updated the blog to save you having to keep checking. If you haven't already registered with Schoop, please sign up to receive instant up to date class and school notifications. The information and links about how to do this are on the schools main blog page.

Our theme for this term is 'Shadow Showdown'. All of our skills and activities will be taught and developed under the umbrella of this theme. Some of the things we will be learning about include: Autumn and seasonal changes, nocturnal animals and sources and festivals of light.

Next weeks tasks include:
Story of the week  Percy the park keeper, After the storm.

Language, Literacy and Communication
'All about me'
Freeze frame your favourite part of the story and write a caption or speech bubble.

Mathematical Development
Reciting numbers up to 20 and beyond
Compare, order, read and write numbers to at least 20.

I will be spending the week getting to know the children, working together with them to decide upon class rules and their own personal targets and goals.

The children will be taking ownership of their new classroom, by helping to decide how to decorate each area and help to make and write signs and labels. 

I'm excited to start exploring our fantastic outdoor and forestry area with the children, so please can you send in a pair of wellies for your child to keep in school for the year.
Pupils will not need PE kit this week. Please can you send in a PE kit (plain white top, navy/black shorts or leggings) in to school by Monday 12th September?

Please can you ensure that all clothing/wellies are clearly labelled with your child's name to avoid any confusion or misplaced items.

I will send out more information by the end of the week regarding home-learning tasks, reading books and PE days etc.
 
Myself or Mrs.Bull will be on the door to welcome the children every morning, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to come and see me. Alternatively, if you need to make an appointment, please do so with the secretary in the office.

I look forward to meeting you all. See you all bright and early in the morning!



Diolch yn fawr

Mrs.Dollman